- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Glen Nevis
- £8.21 per hour
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Caroline Knox
- Reference: GLNV09819
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with commitment to providing excellent customer service and a superb guest experience, to join our team at our Glen Nevis Youth Hostel.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facilities are maintained to the appropriate standard to enhance guest experience and exceed expectations.
The main responsibility of this post:
- Ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate standard with the available resources
- Full reception duties, general customer service, cleaning/ housekeeping including bed making and some catering (including basic food preparation, serving and washing up)
Suitable applicant will have:
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Experience in cash handling, will be IT literate
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team as well as unsupervised
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Previously experience in reception, cleaning/ housekeeping as well as catering duties within hospitality, service or tourism industries
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice and health and safety at work
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area
The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis
The post holder will have flexibility to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working on weekends, in addition to supporting other Youth Hostels within Lochaber Group
A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment
About Hostelling Scotland:
Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA or Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.