- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 85836
Join us in Edinburgh or London as a Marketing Manager
- Join a team who're responsible for taking key business objectives and developing the right marketing strategy for the business and customers
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering the credit card marketing strategy
- You'll play a pivotal role in bringing something new and engaging to our customers
- You'll be in the role until the end of 2019
What you'll do
Develop and deliver the customer marketing and communications activity to support the Communications & Marketing strategy for our lending products with a specific focus on credit cards, you'll build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to support this.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Develop and deliver on the credit card marketing strategy
- Delivering marketing and communication strategies that support the priorities of the business
- Representing Communications & Marketing in key stakeholder discussions – acting as a trusted adviser, and providing an authentic and highly valued contribution
- Contributing to the overall planning process across the team, facing off to primary stakeholders as well as wider into the Communications & Marketing function
- Delivering to the agreed strategic narrative and the strategy of the business, making sure that the execution of the marketing strategy meets the brief
- Managing and tracking campaign budgets, ensuring targets are reached and spend is tracked accurately
- Leveraging our strategic partnerships to ensure that our activity – brief development, marketing planning, delivery management – reflects leading thinking and best practices
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a proactive and driven individual with the ability to develop marketing strategies and campaigns. You'll be fully proficient in the marketing arena, with specific experience of leading and delivering on marketing activity to customers.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Extensive marketing experience gained within the financial services sector
Ideally an understanding of the credit card market
- Knowledge and experience of communication and marketing strategies, models and practices
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and the ability to influence and network at a senior level
- Experience of managing budgets
- A well rounded understanding of the bank's priorities, and the confidence to contribute to business discussions that drive decisions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.