- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 305499
Becoming an IT Project Manager with Capita Secure Software and Technology:
The Project Management function within Capita Secure Solutions & Services is responsibility for the delivery of IT and business solutions to new and existing customers via teams of experienced Project Managers. This role is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple Projects to ensure all tasks are executed effectively and in accordance with company process/best practise.
What you will do:
- Set the Goals and Objectives for the Project within a Project Initiation Document
- Creation and management of Project documentation including Quality, Change Management, Information Security and HS&E Plans
- Agree the overall project schedule of work including resource requirments
- Negotiate for allocation of appropriate resources from across the business
- Ensuring all work is properly scoped, planned, costed and risks / issues identified and resolved or mitigated in advance
- Ensuring all work is executed in a controlled manner, completed reliably within allocated timescales, systems are handed over to customers / support teams fault free and through life costs are minimised
- Manage internal and 3rd party resources on and off site so as to maximise their contribution, including external sub contractors, providing appropriate support and guidance where necessary
- Allocate work packages and tasks to relevant individuals, supervise execution of work and managing issues to resolution
- Produce and maintain a risk and issue register with respect to delivery of the overall schedule; identify and track associated actions reporting to senior management where appropriate
- Management and mitigation of on-going risks and issues and production of contingency plans where necessary
- Produce and maintain register of lessons learned
- Responsible for timely production of project invoices
- Ensure successful project closure and handover
Your experience will include:
- Ensure Project Gateway Reviews and key Project milestones are identified, planned and held effectively and in accrodance with quality process to assure Project delivery
- Ensure key Engineering milestones are identified, planned and held effectively and in accrodance with quality process to ensure Technical Solutions are in line with requirements
- Chair project Checkpoint/Progress Meetings, produce subsequent minutes and progress actions
About Capita Secure Software and Technology
Capita Secure Software and Technology is a leading supplier of technology-enabled solutions and services across both the private and public sectors. We're particularly well known for our specialist software solutions in education and children's services, emergency services, financial service, healthcare and local government. Everything we do aims to make the most of assets and resources to achieve optimal operational efficiency for our customers - and joining this team, so will you.
Secure Software and Technology are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you XX day's holiday (rising to XX), (a discretionary annual bonus / car allowance or company car), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts. (At our LOCATION office, you will also benefit from (e.g. discounted membership at the onsite gym / free parking / weekly lunch club etc.))
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.| Become a Change Maker |
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.