- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 010630
We're looking for conscientious and motivated Depot Assistants to join our team in Blantyre, Glasgow.
Joining us at an exciting time, you'll be tasked with supporting the depot management team with routine operational and engineering activities. You'll always put safety first and help to make FirstBus a great place to work.
Skills & experience
We're looking for an experienced administrator/assistant with experience working in a depot or warehouse environment. You will be flexible, hardworking and willing to learn, for this role it is essential that you are computer literate and any prior use of ERP/MRP systems would be beneficial.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Support the depot management team to maintain accurate records for all aspects of operational and engineering standards and performance
- Prepare information to support disciplinary, grievance or absent management reviews
- Prepare reports by collating, analysing and summarising information
- Support the depot team to ensure all equipment is logged and maintained and that sufficient levels of stock are available
- Ensure items of lost property are logged in Tracerit and coordinate the returns of items to customers
- Accurately capturing and recording employee hours and attendance including, inputting, checking and collating information for the DAS GUI system, time sheets and clock cards
- Dealing with telephone queries and covering the front desk when required
You'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses for you and your family, a pension scheme, a smart uniform and the chance to buy discounted First shares. You will also get discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains). On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from travel discounts with First and over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Apply Today!