- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK13750
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Technician to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
- To assist the Delivery manager in the execution of their duties taking on responsibility for delegated functions.
What you'll be doing
As an Electrical Technician you will:
- Prepare programme for Electrical activities;
- Upload records to Integrated road information system;
- Programme contractual requirement of works;
- Liaise with Delivery Managers regarding programming and supervision of works, including establishing required resource levels;
- Liaison with designers during the design process to maximise value and minimise construction issues;
- Assess, measurement and valuation of works;
- Prepare post completion certification and record updates;
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation;
- Promote innovation in delivery of operations;
- Ensure records are of an adequate standard and input into IRIS and Sharepoint within required timescales;
- Undertake any duties as required by the Delivery Manager;
- Prepare forward costings;
- Prepare construction phase plans, task briefings and site packages;
- Liaise with subcontractors to agree efficient programme delivery;
- Liaise with internal team and subcontractors to agree traffic management requirements to complete works safely.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Use of various computer programmes;
- Problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Personal drive and determination to achieve results both as an individual and through a team;
- Highways experience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.