- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Engineering
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK13872
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our Regional team to work in Ayr.
To provide engineering input to assist in managing the network asset within a Trunk Road Management and Maintenance Contract.
What you'll be doing
As a Network Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Meet the professional standards for all activities within the local area;
- Developing permanent repair solutions for reactive works;
- Contributing to the development of planned structural and routine maintenance works;
- Regular liaison with Operations staff;
- Advice on development control;
- Preparing flood reports;
- Field Inspections of depots and sites;
- Interface with Statutory Undertake;
- Effective response to customer enquiries;
- Minimise network disruption;
- Meet performance targets;
- Promotion of cost effective solutions;
- Compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation;
- Take Care reporting and interventions;
- Compliance with IMS procedures;
- Delivery of KPIs;
- Condition of network kept under review;
- Asset management system kept up to date;
- Delegated statutory functions properly discharged;
- Works planned and co-ordinated to reduce impact on customers;
- Delivery of designs to programme;
- Cost effective solutions prepared;
- Timely responses to the client.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are required:
- SVQ in appropriate engineering discipline
- Driving licence
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Effective team player
- Computer literate
- Self-motivated Flexible
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
- Roads maintenance and management asset systems
- Winter Service planning
- New Roads & Streetworks Act
- Roads (Scotland) Act and the like
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.