Job profile summary:
Responsible for managing a team to maximise life-of-field recovery and to coordinate the integration of the development drilling, subsurface description and reservoir performance prediction ensuring that the team provide sound recommendations for further development, additional drilling opportunities and strong cross-functional alignment.
Ensures strong cross-functional alignment and support is provided by Reservoir Management to the New Well Delivery and Drilling & Completion teams during the planning and execution of wells, as well as post well reviews.
· Provides recommendations to acquire new data to reduce risk associated with development opportunities, ensuring the appropriate documents (including appraisal plans) are well articulated.
· Leads the team in working with the Government to ensure alignment on appraisal objectives and data acquisition, maintaining solid relations with internal and external stakeholders and influencing partners to achieve win-win outcomes.
· Provides recommendations for development and exploratory drilling opportunities, ensuring work conforms with BP standards and complies with legal requirements.
· Manages a team of direct reports, ensuring the appropriate expectations, principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver the plan and deliver excellence.
· In line with continuous conversations, have regular honest and constructive dialogue with team members to support performance and career development.
·Complies with BP’s Code of Conduct and models BP’s Values & Behaviours.
Senior technical contributor, or leader of, subsurface description and reservoir performance prediction
Degree qualified – Geoscience or Engineering
People leadership (direct or indirect)
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.