- Location: Glasgow
- £21,375.30 to £24,095.50 per annum, Grade 5 (SS37)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD03034
Streetscene Operatives X 3 vacancies
Salary / Grade; 5
Location; Broomhill & various depots within East Dunbartonshire
Duration; Full Time / Permanent
Hours ; Seasonal hours averaged out at 37 hours per week
Applications are invited from candidates with the appropriate experience and qualifications, for the above positions.
The successful candidates will be required to undertake frontline operations to meet the council’s requirements in relation to Streetscene operations which include street cleansing, grounds maintenance & cemetery operations.
Experience in the use of grounds maintenance plant & grass cutting machinery, and associated equipment is essential for this post.
The hours of work will average 37 hours per week, worked on a seasonal basis, and will include working one weekend in four on a rota basis.
Applicants must be flexible and able to report to any depot across East Dunbartonshire as required.
A full clean driving licence is needed.
Full job details are contained within the role profile which is available with application packs.
Please note that internal candidates will be given first consideration for these vacancies.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk