- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Cowdenbeath
- £18,302 to £20,573 per annum, Scottish Joint Council FC 4
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: FIF14321
Post A: 21 hours per week
Post B: 19.5 hours per week
Interview Date: week commening Monday 5 August 2019
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
All employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. Our ‘How We Work Matters’ behaviour framework contains more information and is available via this link.
Before applying, it is important that you read the ‘Candidate Information’ by clicking on this link. The main Terms and Conditions and employment are available via the same link.
An exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team of care workers in the West Fife area.
You will promote social inclusion and offer opportunities for people with Learning and Physical disabilities within a respite facility. Support service users by increasing their social and independent living skills in a person-centered way that promotes the principles of social inclusion.
Generous employee benefits which include
• Competitive salary of £9.75 per hour rising to £10.96 per hour following yearly increments
• For hours worked between (20:00 – 07:00 Monday to Friday and all of Saturday and Sunday) payment will be at time and a third
• For hours worked on a public holiday the hourly rate will be double time and a day in lieu or treble time with no day in lieu.
• For wakened night shift working you will be paid time and a third.
• For part time workers there will be the option to pick up extra shifts when they become available.
• Occupational pension with Employer contributions- which includes death in service benefit (life assurance)
• Employee Benefit Scheme
• The Council’s commitment to the effective induction of new employees.
• On the job ‘coaching’ and regular 1:1 supervision meetings with your line manager
• Paid time ‘shadowing’ experienced staff
• Paid Annual leave of 33 days each year (including Public Holidays),
• Employee’s with 5 or more years’ service will receive 37 days Annual leave (Including Public Holidays)
• Access to training and qualifications specific to your role.
• Support to register with the SSSC
Duties include all aspects of personal care and moving and handling tasks, (People and Object), Participate and arrange social and recreational activities. Flexibility will be required in the way the days/hours are worked for each post dependent on the needs of service users. The successful candidate will work on a four weekly Rota basis which include days, evening, weekends and wakened night shifts.The Individual
Must have or be willing to achieve in the first period of registration, the Social Services and Healthcare SCQF6 SVQ2 or equivalent to meet Scottish Social Services Council registration.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain PVG scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland.
You will have experience/awareness of Scottish Social Services Council Social Care Standards and the SSSC’s Codes of Practice. https://www.sssc.uk.com/the-scottish-social-services-council/sssc-codes-of-practice/
For further information please contact: George Alexander on 03451 555 555 Ext: 402076 or email email@example.com
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk