- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Hotel Management
- Location: Inverness
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Olimpia Sequerio
- Reference: INVR09919
We are one of Scotland’s leading accommodation providers, offering guests great value accommodation and excellent customer service in some of the finest locations in Scotland. With youth hostels in key locations around Scotland, our team love to help our guests, ensuring they have the best possible experience and take home memories to last a lifetime.
We offer fantastic opportunities for motivated individuals wanting to develop a career in Scotland’s thriving hospitality and tourism sectors.
We are looking for a professional and efficient Night Duty Supervisor to join our Inverness Youth Hostel and the current Night Duty team, working on a rotational shift basis of 4 days on (10 hours per day) and 3 days off every week.
The main responsibilities of this post:
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that health and safety and security of the guests, staff and the building during the night, including being fully aware of fire evacuation procedures and fire safety within the Hostel
- Keep the Group Manager and Duty Manager informed on a regular basis and report any incidents you deal with or involve in during the night clearly and accurately such as disturbances, incidents, complaints, accidents or any needs for repairs or maintenance to the appropriate senior member of staff and to ensure the proper paperwork is carried out
- Ensure all duties carried out as per night duty checklists such as handling night cash-up and the safe, bed plans, laundry duties, nightly cleaning, security walks around the hostel and preparing the dining room for breakfast service, etc.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry and night working
- Customer service experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Good IT literacy including working knowledge of MSOffice
Practical knowledge of Health & Safety at Work and experience dealing with fire evacuation procedures
- Keen attention to details
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as can-do attitude
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice and/or COSHH
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area
Due to the nature of this position, the post holder must be available to work primarily night time hours including weekend shifts, working 4 days of 10 hours per day with 3 days off, based on 40 hours per week
A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with Hostelling Scotland.
About Hostelling Scotland:
We are a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for customers travelling around Scotland.
As a not-for-profit charitable organisation, we encourage guests to join Hostelling Scotland to support our charitable youth development and volunteering programmes, giving young people, who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity, the chance to discover Scotland’s heritage, and enable them to develop their skills for learning, life and work.
As an accommodation provider Hostelling Scotland operates in a fast paced, highly competitive and constantly evolving marketplace. Working with Hostelling Scotland is more than just a job. Join us and help us make a difference!