- Location: Fort Augustus
- £21,000 to £25,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: caroline gregory
Someone to join our dynamic, vibrant team and build on the current success of the Waypoint Bar continuing to match drinks to the standard of food in our Brasserie ()...
THE NITTY GRITTY...
The Bar Manager is to lead the team, taking responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of service within: the busy à la carte Brasserie; private dining; corporate events; and weddings - creating fantastic memories for the guests.
It is important that the Bar manager contributes to the hotel’s strategic planning activities, taking an active role in driving Bar sales, effectively marketing the hotel calendar of events and ensuring the Bar team are inspired to achieve upselling targets.
The Bar manager will contribute to the smooth & efficient running of the department by applying skills & attributes to all areas that require involvement.
Planning: The Bar Manager will be responsible for working closely with the hotel managers to develop the vision and formulate the strategy for capitalising on opportunities that exist within the local, regional, national and international markets. This is likely to involve organic and pre-planned growth.
Leadership & Direction: The Bar Manager is responsible for the leadership and direction of the Bar and is expected to lead by example, providing whatever direction and support is required day-by-day by HoDs and other members of the team, putting the guest and the best interests of the department at the centre of the operation at all times. Part of this aspect of the role involves coaching the team to enable them to develop their own leadership skills and in turn provide the leadership required to the rest of the department.
Revenue Growth & Delivery: Working with the hotel managers, the Bar Manager will be responsible for developing budgets, and for the subsequent delivery of all agreed revenue, cost and profit generation. YoY growth will be expected across the department, and the Bar Manager will be expected to be instrumental in leading the revenue management.
Financial Management: The Bar Manager is accountable for all aspects of the financial management of the department from participation in the budgeting process to regular review of all management and financial information, taking the necessary actions to rectify discrepancies on an on-going basis. This will include providing monthly forecasts for the department and action planning where the department is running ‘off’ line to bring it back ‘on’ line.
Operational Management: Working in close conjunction with the HoDs, the Bar Manager is responsible for all aspects of the management of operations. Most importantly, they are responsible for ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction through excellent product and service delivery across the Hotel. The Bar Manager is also responsible for: recruitment; training and development of the team; performance management; and appraisals (with HR); department development (with Sales & Marketing); and management of the physical establishment, maintaining the assets of the Hotel in the best possible condition (with the Maintenance department).
The Bar Manager will also be responsible for compliance and ensuring that all legal requirements of the department are met on an on-going basis, and that agreed policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Department Development & Community Relations: The Bar Manager will be expected to lead on Sales & Marketing providing direction to relevant members of the team in relation to revenue growth and the achievement of all operating ratios. Through the various HoDs, the Bar Manager will be expected to drive high levels of effective sales in the department to deliver the levels of growth required.
· Knowledge of all aspects of Food & Beverage, Weddings/Events and Corporate
· Track record of developing and managing F&B effectively in the hotel and leisure sector
· Understanding of sustainability and green tourism
· The requirements of operating a department where interface with the local community is a key consideration to engender the support and patronage of the local market
· Detailed knowledge of all facets of F&B management to include man management, financial management, sales & marketing, and operations
· Understanding of IT and its applications in a hotel environment
· Understanding of allergens
· F&B management techniques including man management, financial management and sales management
· Ability to strategise and see the bigger picture
· Recruitment and selection with training, developing and coaching of the team
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Problem solving and effective decision-making
· Ability to read and interpret financial management accounts to include P&L
· Man/team management and leadership and motivation of others
· Ability to interface easily and naturally with guests of all types
· Department planning to effect results, identifying sales opportunities across the department, and to be able to spot new department opportunities when they arise
· Ability to manage complex events: conferences, banqueting or weddings
· Organisation, personal planning, scheduling and conducting management meetings of all types
· Management of a department at a 4 Star level
· Profit and operational responsibility for a privately owned department
· Operating in a local, national and international context
· Managing teams of people in a hotel environment
· Financial responsibility for targets and budgets and delivery
· Building teams successfully and leading winning teams
· Cost comparisons and working with suppliers
· People development
· Planning and organising
· Analytical thinking
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.