- Contact: SSE Plc
Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £31,000 - £47,900 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As a Senior Portfolio Analyst, you'll provide support within the transmission business to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of business performance including longer term forecast projections. You'll also lead on reporting of the transmission business performance against regulatory deliverables and will play a lead role in the annual regulatory reporting process, including the associated interface with the regulator.
Your Skills and Experience
This is a key role within our business and will require the following knowledge/skills:
- A demonstrable understanding of the energy industry gained from experience as well as through social/professional networking is desirable;
- Extensive experience within a similar senior analysis role within a corporate environment;
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical capability with ability to handle and analyse large quantities of data and information;
- Ability to lead and manage a cross functional project teams in a matrix environment;
- Ability to coach and develop other team members;
- Rigorous and thorough in carrying out research and analysis, seeking multiple data sources and opinions, and from this establishing conclusions, proposals and recommendations;
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to present to internal and external audiences on business-critical content;
- Ability to read and interpret company accounts;
- Ability to operate out with field of expertise, confidently engaging with technical, financial and engineering specialists to gather relevant information;
- Customer focused, self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude;
- Positive influencing skills with the ability to find answers within a diverse engineering-focused organisation;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Graduate-level training or relevant experience.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
SHE Transmission's core objective is to enable the transition to the low carbon economy. We are a regulated business and currently in the penultimate year of the RIIO-T1 period which is due to end on 31st March 2021. We have recently published out draft Business Plan which outlines our ambitious plans for the next price control period (RIIO-T2) including proposals which would see expenditure of over £2bn over a five-year period
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights:
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 20th August 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.