- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Perth and Kinross
- £36,900 to £50,000 per annum,
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: SSE Plc
Location: Perth or Glasgow (if Glasgow based then travel to Perth is required 3 days per week)
Salary: Up to £50k plus bonus (depending on experience)
Permanent Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
We are currently approaching the final two years of this price control for Electricity Transmission (RIIO-T1) and are currently in the process of finalising our RIIO-T2 business plan which commences on 1 April 2021. We have a long-term plan to take the business forward as we look towards RIIO-T2 and close out RIIO-T1 to support the overall Group. We are on course to invest almost £3.5bn in our RIIO-T1 period and have set out our emerging plans for RIIO-T2 whereby we envisage our capital investment programme will be in the region of £1.5bn to £3.5bn to continue to support the transition to a low carbon energy world.
This role will be required to support the Transmission capital programme working closely with the Head of Finance for Transmission Investment, the Director of Finance for Transmission and key internal stakeholders across the Group. The need to understand how the business operates and the nature of our regulatory obligations under our RIIO price controls are a key aspect of this role as well as providing support and robust challenge to colleagues.
The individual will be required to work on their own initiative, understand complex issues, and convey this succinctly and clearly to inform decisions.
This role will also be responsible for supporting other financial elements of the price control, such as Competition in Transmission to deliver an optimal outcome.
This is a varied and challenging role with other responsibilities as follows:
- Providing insight and understanding the risks and opportunities from capital projects while ensuring compliance with our obligations.
- Managing project forecasting and identifying opportunities to improve the forecasting process and understanding the financial drivers behind projects.
- Representing finance during project review boards, visiting site and project teams, and being an integral part to the delivery of projects within budget and on time.
- Performing, developing and reviewing capital investment business cases and financial appraisals to aid optimisation of the capital investment programme
Your skills and experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) with experience operating in a finance role within a large organisation & knowledge of a capital-intensive business
- Have experience working on financial modelling of capital investments and options assessment
- Experience of presenting complex financial information to operational colleagues
- You will be pro-active and diligent in your approach and be willing to undertake challenging tasks sometimes beyond your 'comfort zone and be confident and articulate
- Able to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard
- Experience of reviewing legal/regulatory/contractual documentation (primarily financial related elements)
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award-winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
Lots of good things, including 34 days holidays (inclusive of public holidays), pension plans and paid volunteering days. Click here for a full breakdown; http://sse.com/careers/benefits-and-development/
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is 15th August 2019 Successful candidates will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal record check.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.