- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 91287
Join us ideally in Edinburgh, Manchester, Southend or Belfast, and various other locations in the UK as a Business Manager
- Join an evolving business, looking at new ways of exceeding customer needs, and accelerating the transformation of our Customer Contact business to simplify the customer and colleague experience
- You’ll be right at the heart of the Customer Contact business, providing high level business, operational and strategic execution support and to be influential for a number of strategic, cost and continuous improvement initiatives that ensure our ambitions are realised
- This is an influential innovative role and an opportunity to be a part of an evolving business, developing incisive ways of exceeding customer needs and leading the next best practice in seamless customer and colleague experience
What you'll do
As a Business Manager, you’ll be providing high level business, strategic and transformation support to the Customer Contact Leadership Team. You’ll be accountable for a number of strategic, cost and continuous improvement initiatives and programmes which make a significant impact in the business unit’s progress against its key goals.
You’ll also be:
- Preparing briefing materials to support the Head of Customer Contact’s meetings, workshops, presentations and engagements, liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Acting as the business unit lead for the CLT, shaping and influencing the agenda, driving performance delivery and tracking progress and making sure appropriate follow-up is completed that drives tangible outcomes
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of business goals
- Attending and providing clear input and reporting to the cross-functional performance and strategy boards
- Working hard to unlock and leverage the leadership capability across all locations by developing the expertise, thought leadership, and capability which drives a new level of best practice
- Working with influencers across industry sectors to amplify knowledge, emerging trends, concepts and innovation externally for the benefit of the CLT and the wider bank
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone adaptable, flexible and highly organised with the ability to adapt to changing priorities. You’ll have an extensive track record of strong commercial and operational acumen to enable the production of business cases, management of large operational budgets, and optimisation of core business process on a cross-functional basis.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of leading, directing and managing a multi-discipline, matrix management professional services team to develop and grow ability to ensure resources are available to execute and meet operational requirements, with a focus on service, cost and value optimisation in a values-led business
- Experience of managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at senior management or board level
- Expert communication and presentation skills, with an ability to deliver effective interactions with individuals and teams, ranging from front-line colleagues up to board level
- A broad knowledge of matters affecting telephony and digital business operations
- The ability to learn new concepts and intuitively apply them to achieve business objectives, planning effectively to deliver against goals and proactively providing solutions and contingencies
- Experience of working innovatively in an exceptionally fast-paced commercial environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.