- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 293714
Chartered Bridge Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Chartered Bridge Engineer to strengthen our Bridges team in Scotland. We are ideally seeking a recently Chartered Engineer with a wide range of bridge design, strengthening, assessment and inspection experience who wishes to advance their career by taking on more responsibility and designing a wider range of structural types.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
Contributing to feasibility studies, designs, assessments , inspections and reports
Ensuring design work is carried out in accordance with current (DMRB) design standards taking into account CDM (Construction Design Management) legislation, whole life costing, and value and risk management.
Contributing to the growth of the business through some sales activities and proposal preparation.
Development and mentoring of graduates and other team members as required.
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Chartered Engineer Status (MICE or MIStruct E)
- BEng/BSc Civil Engineering
- Major infrastructure design experience especially structures related
- Knowledge and experience of DMRB
- Proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence
Ideally, candidates should also possess the following experience and qualities:
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and BIM
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Clients and colleagues
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines
- High level of presentation and communication skills
- Good report writing skills
This role will be based in our Glasgow office, However, some travelling will be required to other Capita or client's offices.
Capita Competencies for this role:
Team Working - co-operating with and respecting colleagues to exceed the sum of individual efforts
Customer Service - creating the best possible experience for capita clients and their customers
Communication - the ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively
Results Focused - getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management
Innovation & Continuous Improvement - suggests ideas to improve process, customer service, quality and safety
The Capita Competency Framework can be provided and is used as part of the on going appraisal cycle.