- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Location: Glasgow
- £43,200 to £65,500 per annum, car, bonus
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: SSE Plc
Salary: Up to £65,500 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
SSE's core purpose is to provide the energy people need in a reliable and sustainable way. Our strategy is to deliver sustained growth in the dividend payable to shareholders through the efficient operation of, and investment in, a balanced range of regulated and non-regulated businesses.
We are one of the largest and most diverse generators of electricity in the UK as well as one of the top 35 companies listed in the FTSE index. We own over 11,000 megawatts of electricity generation capacity and distribute electricity to 3.5 million homes and workplaces.
SSE Thermal's Engineering and Innovation "Centre of Excellence" plays a significant role in the delivery of SSE's multi £billion investment programme. We provide expertise across a wide range of engineering disciplines to ensure successful project design development, and best practice asset management across our significant thermal generation fleet.
As a Grid Services Engineer you'll be responsible for managing all Grid related issues and opportunities from early project development all the way through to Operations. This will encompass all types of Thermal Generation and some forms of energy storage solutions.
The key tasks involve Grid feasibility assessments, management of the Grid connection process with the Transmission and Distribution companies, assessment of connection offers, management of Grid progress meetings. Achieving and maintaining Grid Code compliance, Grid outage management, ancillary and system services opportunities.
Your Skills and Experience
Due to the specialist nature of this role there are a few requirements that we are looking for;
- Qualified Chartered Engineer and a member of the Engineering Council.
- Good technical knowledge and experience of Thermal generation, the power system and its operation.
- Working knowledge of appropriate engineering legislation and industry good practice, specifically relating to connection polices in the UK and Ireland.
- Ability to deliver Innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Good report writing skills.
- Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness in order to understand implications of engineering activities and decisions.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 15 August 2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
This role is open to internal and external candidates. If you are internal, please notify your line manger prior to submitting your application. If you are external, we'll conduct some background checks should you be successful.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.