- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 92224
Join us in Edinburgh as a Mortgages Credit Portfolio Manager
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven individual to join us in Personal Banking (PB) Credit Risk
- You'll be supporting PB Credit Risk on aspects of Credit Risk quantification and management
- Hone your existing financial skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As our Credit Portfolio Manager, you'll be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and overseeing effective strategies for the UK personal mortgage portfolio. You'll be providing, in a timely manner, efficient and effective insight into the portfolio performance, via a combination of regular reporting, ad-hoc analysis and stakeholder briefings. You'll critically evaluate the current and future credit risks of the portfolio, in the context of our peers and the economic outlook, supporting ongoing portfolio management activity and driving the corrective actions required to limit our exposure to emerging risks.
You'll also be:
- Developing and overseeing the mortgage credit risk strategies for new business and customer management
- Driving loss rate optimisation of higher risk segments or critically assessing new business opportunities to promote sustainable lending growth
- Collaborating with various teams across the bank regarding on-going customer management and portfolio optimisation, in response to customer, business and market drivers
- Establishing and deploying robust risk and control frameworks which meet the strategic needs of the business, including communication, training and awareness of these frameworks
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience of working in financial services, or in an analytical role, and excellent analytical skills combined with an enquiring mind set.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to translate complex analytical concepts into a concise and simple proposal
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Well developed people and project management skills, able to deliver multiple proposals and initiatives on time and within budget
- Excellent communication skills and experience of developing and motivating a team
- The ability to effectively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders, and communicate at a senior level
Experience in data mining or data analytics via SAS, SQL or other coding experience is desirable, but not essential. A relevant degree is also desirable, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics but is not essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .