- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 88914
Join us in Edinburgh as an Agile Methods Expert
- We're looking for Agile framework experts to help us shepherd new ways of working safely into our organisation
- As a foundation team member, you'll play a critical role researching, analysing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge bank of methods, techniques, practices and tools across the ever-expanding Agile landscape
- This is a real opportunity to channel your passion and Agile expertise towards shaping, guiding and stewarding the design and development of common frameworks, patterns and tools across the bank
What you'll do
We're creating a Business Agility Centre of Excellence (CoE) to guide and support the changes we're making to the way we work, our capability and our culture. You'll have a key part to play in the success of the Business Agility CoE, as you collaborate with colleagues across the bank to design and develop common frameworks, patterns, techniques and tools where it matters, to help us change the way we work to relentlessly improve our customer and colleague experiences
Day to day, you'll be:
- Developing and codifying bank-wide core and common agile policies, practices, corporate taxonomy and language, methods, tools, patterns and solutions, and developing the key telemetry that informs the state and progress of the bank's Agile journey
- Creating and evolving the minimum professional standards, including recommended certifications for roles in the Agile role family, partnering with Learning & Development to help define assessment methods, capability models, the training curriculum, learning pathways and content
- Working in collaboration with our Agile experts, coaches and communities to support and develop capability and build a 'learn and adapt' culture
- Undertaking internal and external research and validating emerging methods and practices to make sure content and skills development are current and relevant
- Consulting with colleagues across the bank to identify and address contradictory or incompatible patterns of working and ensuring alignment and consistency of agile patterns across the organisation, highlighting opportunities to continuously improve, pivot and adjust the course of action and learning interventions
- Encouraging the organisation to experiment with agile patterns, new ideas and techniques to continuously improve and adapt
The skills you'll need
We're looking for people with significant and in-depth experience of agility at scale. You'll know Agile, DevOps and Lean practices, frameworks and techniques across the spectrum of the Agile landscape like the back of your hand, and will have proven experience and knowledge of the success and failure patterns of large scale agile transformations.
Along with this, you'll need current and relevant knowledge and experience of a range of scaled Agile frameworks such as SAFe, DaD, LeSS and Nexus, and be able to adapt frameworks at scale to suit the organisation.
We'll also be looking for you to show us:
- A strong customer focus, constantly looking to improve the customer experience, system constraints, flow and cost of delay, and contribute to the Idea to Value process and associated tool chain capabilities, features and interactions.
- A rapid and insatiable learning appetite and proactive approach to finding and innovating new and better ways to do things, operating in the constraints that are outside of your control and always continuously reflecting and improving them
- Strong communication, networking and collaboration skills and the ability to simply communicate complex, technical or innovative concepts clearly to colleagues at any level of the bank
- Evidence of continual innovation, thought leadership and personal learning, collaboration and knowledge-sharing with the wider agile community both in and out of the bank
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.