- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Operations
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 92144
Join us in Edinburgh as an Operations Manager
- As an Operations Manager, you'll be ensuring the appropriate use of Credit processes and systems to effectively control credit risk in a manner capable of responding to an increasingly volatile economic environment
- You'll actively consider the inherent, material risks of the business, and analyse the risk profile and seek confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- This is an exciting and challenging role, with great career development potential and the chance to make a real difference for our business
What you'll do
Credit Risk at RBS is a second line of defence function responsible for undertaking a leadership role with business areas to provide forward looking, value adding capability to achieve a robust risk management culture, which includes maintaining an effective Credit Risk management framework that enables early identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of credit risks to the Head of Retail Credit.
Reporting to the Head of Lending Unit, you'll be responsible for the data input and maintenance of all manual assessed retail applications received into their area from RBS and NatWest branches across the UK and applications received direct from customers via the internet and via the banks UK wide telephony centres, and to support improvement to credit risk management and effective Lending Operations for Retail Portfolios.
You'll also be:
- Responsible for the effective distribution of all higher risk applications, routed through individual lending unit sanctioning teams, referred for manual underwriting
- Supporting the quality of the Lending Unit’s contribution to Personal & Business lending books
- Enabling a productive relationship between Retail Credit Risk and stakeholders across the bank within the sphere of influence, which works for the best interests of the bank
- Developing, maintaining and leveraging relationships across risk and business functions and more broadly across the bank to provide effective and efficient risk management support
- Supporting the development of long term strategic improvements to Lending Unit activities aimed at adding value to the customer experience
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need knowledge of risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment, along with experience of managing teams.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge of RBS UK systems and processes
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads to make sure deadlines are met
- Experience of working successfully as a team with colleagues across the organisation
- A broad experience and understanding of Credit Risk Management
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .