Food Technologist at Iceland Manufacturing Ltd (IML)
Location: Gorton, Manchester
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
IML manufactures frozen food products for Iceland Foods and based at our site in Gorton, Manchester we are looking for a Food Technologist to join our Technical Department. This is an exciting role with opportunity to develop throughout technical function.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of complaint handling within the business to ensure prompt response to the client.
- Compile trending information to generate presentations and drive improvements for complaints, micro and other technical Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Complete follow up investigations within the site.
- Liaise with Customer Services team to ensure smooth operation of complaints handling with minimum delay.
- Produce reports as directed by the Technical Management team to allow trending, and identification of trends in complaint statistics.
- Proactive responses to alert site and customer of any adverse trend in reported complaints.
- Attend and host meetings to brief site, customers and the client on complaint performance and handling to drive further reduction.
- Complete customer complaint forms to an agreed standard in line with guidance from the site Technical team, Customer Services and the client.
- Manage internal auditing schedule ensuring that all audits are completed by the team within pre-agreed timeframes.
- To raise and manage Purchase Orders (PO's).
- Assist with internal, supplier and customer specification submission and management, alongside the specification's technologist.
- To assist with the approval process regarding new and existing artwork.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and numerical skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills
- Previous experience in the food industry
You may have experience of the following: Graduate, Food Manufacturing, Food Factory, Food Technologist, Admin, Administration, Complaints, Quality Assurance, QA, Complaints Administrator, Complaints Handler, Technical Assistant, Technical, for example…
Here at IML we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package; we provide 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, free parking, discounts including Iceland stores and The Food Warehouse, Club Individual Restaurant Group and a variety of discounts and cash back offers on high street retailers and services.
If you believe you have the required skills and knowledge to apply for the role, please click apply and send across your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.