- Sector: IT and Telecommunications
- Specialism: Networking
- Location: Thurso
- Excellent Market Salary + Benefits
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Ben Towers
- Reference: B605
Position Title: Senior Support Enigneer (3rd Line - Networks)
Location: Thurso, Caithness
Roc Technologies specialise in providing managed services and IT solutions to a wide range of businesses across all market sectors.
Our reputation has been built on our quality processes and our employee’s ability to engage with and deliver our solutions to customers.
Roc have multiple Managed Service Centres, including the Southern Technology Centre (based in Newbury), Northern Technology Centre (based in Scotland) as well as the Southern Logistics Centre and MSOC based in Woking. Between them, the MSC delivers proactive management of our customer’s Networking, Private and Public Cloud as well as End-User services. The MSC ensures all contractual commitments and Service Levels are delivered to exacting standards. The MSC handle customer events, reduce failures and escalate effectively. To deliver real value to a customer and continually improve operational efficiency the proactive elements of a Managed Service are also vital. This includes capacity management, proactive problem management, configuration management and technical changes to a customer’s environment.
The position of Senior Support Engineer is part of a team of 7 other engineers, who provide the final level of technical escalation within the Northern and Southern Technology Centres. This is a new position within the department due to recent growth, providing the opportunity to existing team members and external candidates alike.
As the final level of technical escalation you will interface directly with our customers’ technical teams to provide remote troubleshooting of more involved incidents as well as involvement in problem management and higher complexity change requests and request fulfilment. You will also be involved in BAU and transformation projects.
This role is also responsible for helping set the technical strategy for how Roc fulfils core ITIL processes for its Networking customers.
- Maintain network availability for customers by documenting routine maintenance practices, failover testing, and participating in the implementation of best practices in your technical specialism.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and regularly updating customers on progress of incidents, problems and changes by telephone and email in a professional manner
- Maintaining Roc and customer ITSM systems with high quality work notes detailing progress, actions and plans.
- Working as part of an on-call rota to provide Tier 3/4 technical expertise to 24X7 Tier 1 team outside core hours.
- Guide and instruct technical staff, professionally challenging behaviour where necessary
- Contact third parties/vendors to log and progress support calls, request and progress technical advice from our customers
- Identifying and recommending improvements for the Support operation
- Work closely with the Operations Manager on continual improvement programmes/workstream
- Liaison with internal departments, vendors and suppliers where required
- To ensure all requests meet or exceed the contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain high customer-care levels at all times.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge in appropriate areas.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- 5+ years of practical experience (Advanced) managing/supporting Network Infrastructure.
- Experience in working within an Enterprise or Managed Service support function
- Demonstrable ability to deal with high impact, high profile, incidents and deal with senior level technical engineers
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Proven experience in working with monitoring and event management toolsProven network and/or server troubleshooting experience
- Ability to quickly assess outages and identify the likely route cause
Aruba Experience: ASCP qualified OR
Cisco Experience: CCNP qualified
- Working towards expert/specialist professional qualifications with Cisco or Aruba
- Associate level certification for Microsoft, VMware or Citrix
- Working in a secure environment
- Windows Server, VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 experience desirable
Strong PC skills
- Recognised as an expert in field
- Self-starter, with the ability to work alone/unsupervised
- A team player but able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Analytical with strong attention to detail – able to identify and articulate issues that are parallel to your direct responsibility.
- A good listener, with the ability to communicate technical issues and resolutions to people of varying technical levels.
- Ability to work to tight timescales without sacrificing quality
- Professional and diligent
- Flexible, resilient and tenacious – able to demonstrate ownership of issues and service excellence
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.