- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 92276
We're looking for someone to join us in Edinburgh as a Perimeter Security Lead Specialist
- As a Perimeter Security Lead Specialist, you'll have the opportunity to show your expertise in the wide area of network security, cloud security and SDN technologies for a number of globally scoped projects
- You'll have a chance to guide and role model less experienced colleagues, while performing in-depth analysis and assessment of both internal and externally facing infrastructure
- Hone your skills and develop the skills of others in this challenging and rewarding role, which will provide continuing career development opportunities
What you'll do
You’ll utilise your information security experience to advise projects, ensuring security is simply built into the deliverables. As part of the Secure Perimeter audits or annual reviews, you'll be involved in making sure any potential risks are spotted and driven towards mitigation with the overarching goal to make our customers more risk aware and most importantly, secure.
Day-to-day you'll be:
- Providing subject matter expertise for various network security related projects, including firewalls and software defined networking, plus on and off-premise cloud computing services deployments
- Assessing vulnerabilities and threats associated with new or operational perimeter security design, configurations and processes
- Designing, reviewing and advising for pre and post changes introduced to the perimeter security components
- Identifying, reporting and helping to manage associated risks to the business service
- Tracking and proposing enhancements for perimeter security related parts of the process, and translating them into operational procedures
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you'll need excellent communication skills as you'll be liaising and consulting with internal and external technical, application developers and support counterparts.
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- The ability to influence relevant perimeter security standards, then identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure
- A background in mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues
- The ability to maintain the required level of technical expertise
- Experience of managing risks in accordance with our risk framework
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.