- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 010844
First Glasgow are hiring a Commercial Analyst to join their team within the Caledonia Depot. The Commercial Analyst is a key support to the local commercial teams within our Bus Operating Companies across the UK, this role will ensure that robust data analysis and evaluation of customer insight sit at the heart of decision making processes in the local operating companies covered by the role.
As part of a central team, you will be responsible for commercial analysis and will embed an insight-led approach to make better decisions in our Operating Companies.
Key accountabilities for the role:
- Use data and insight to proactively monitor business performance, being able to early identify emerging trends and issues
- Work with the local commercial, network and marketing teams to identify opportunities for passenger and revenue growth
- Identify opportunities within our bus networks to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the local OpCos with preparation of the revenue budget and forecasts
- Use analysis to make recommendations for changes to fares across the operating companies and in line with divisional governance framework
- Working within a divisional framework, provide regular revenue performance reports with relevant commentary and insight
- Using market information, understand why external factors impact demand on bus travel, and make recommendations based on that insight
- Work with the local marketing team to identify opportunities for marketing investment, and, using agreed methodologies, measure its return
- Provide analytical support for new business initiatives within the Operating Companies
- Act as the champion for data analysis, ensuring that the central investment in improved systems is utilised across the Operating Companies
- Liaise with colleagues across the business, and in other operating companies, to ensure best practice analysis is shared
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Ability to use data and insight to build arguments for change
- An ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business with compelling analysis and reports.
- Strong numerical capabilities with a degree in Mathematics or another numerical subject
- Good analytical and communication skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy.
- An ability to translate complex data into key succinct arguments
- An ability to build strong business relationships with a number of key stakeholders across the division
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.