- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 010746
First Glasgow are currently recruiting for a Bus worker at our Blantyre depot.
The role of the bus worker is to carry out labouring duties within the depot, cleaning up as required, chassis washing vehicles and going for parts.
To be considered for this role you must have a full car driving licence. A PSV licence would be preferable but not essential, however, candidates must be able to obtain a PSV licence.
Good communication skills are required and you must be able to work under your own initiative or as part of a team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
- Driving license is essential, PSV license would be advantageous, if not the ability to obtain must be shown
- An ability and willingness to learn a new skill
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.