- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 305096
Chartered Civil Engineer (CRE)
£Negotiable + bens
The Capita Infrastructure Division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including the award-winning A556 Improvement scheme, the Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
Our Business is spread across 12 offices in England and Wales. Our people work in a collaborative way across the country thus offering a broad range of opportunities and creating the optimal conditions for amazing career progressions for all staff.
We are currently working in collaboration with the Environment Agency to deliver 2 of the largest PDUs, South East and Midlands. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phase 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
• Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor's clients and other disciplines
• Mange delivery teams
• Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design
• Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
• Scope and supervise surveys
• Input to and preparation of bids and proposals
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Experience of working in the UK rail industry with knowledge of Network Rail standards and approval processes.
• Acted as CRE (Design) for Rail Engineering projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
• Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
• Manage own and others time, ensuring deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
• Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high quality reports.
• Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines.
• Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
• Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent, or close to Chartership.
• Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
• Typically, around 3-5 years' experience working in the rail sector.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Management and consulting skills and knowledge are desirable.
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Commercial awareness and an interest in the financial success of projects as well as engineering.
• Experience of Railway station developments desirable.
What we hope you will do next: Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.