- Location: Glasgow
- £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/182199/48795
We are currently seeking a highly talented and driven person to work in Glasgow as a multi site Assistant Manager.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standard and ensuring adherence to legislation including HACCP.
- To serve the customers to the company’s standard to promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and utilise selling techniques to benefit both the company and the client.
- To complete all administration, as specified by your line manager, completed within agreed time scales
- To manage the ordering and distribution of catering consumables.
- To undertake Food & Health Safety Audits in relation to service delivery / offer compliance, as requested. All aspects of the relevant catering offer in place and updated as required.
- To train new colleagues by showing them tasks and how things are done – Lead by example.
- To plan & deliver training as scheduled
- To assist with the completion of scheduled checks as per the SMS Food Safety & Health & Safety Manual
- To complete eProphit tasks as required
- To complete the allocated requirements of the Recipe on Line system
- To assist the compilation and delivery of various management reports in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- To assist with the planning , organisation and delivery of events scheduled during the year
- To assist with maintenance of hygiene standards and the cleaning of the establishment to the Company’s standard and the client’s satisfaction General cleaning duties, as required
- To prepare and assist in any special functions, which may sometimes be outside normal working hours
- To carry out reasonable periods of overtime as may be required from time to time
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time
- To ensure you act in the interests of your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- other duties as require
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, including uniform standard.
The Ideal Candidate
Recipe on Line
Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Excellent understanding of the English language both oral and written
Supervisory experience in the following:
- Customer Service – a strong commitment and track record in providing a high level of customer service in a busy environment.
- Communication – good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to customers at all level.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
£Competitive salary DOE, pension, flexible benefits scheme
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.