- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Hawick
- £25,000.70 to £27,701.60 per annum, Grade 7A
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SBO03475
Hourly Rate: £13.69 - £15.17
Salary: £25,000.65 - £27,701.64 per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent
The Hawick Social Care and Health team is looking for a full time Community Care Assessor. The candidate will need previous experience of social care and health and will be willing to work in a team. The candidate will be able to demonstrate comprehensive assessment, support, review planning and intervention skills for adults throughout the Teviot area.Essential
Numeracy skills at Standard Grade or equivalent; English at a Higher Grade or equivalent.
A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.
Informal enquiries can be made to Daivd Mills by emailing David.Mills@scotborders.gov.uk or by tel: 01835 826588.
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk