- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: SKYE AND LOCHALSH
- £20,142 to £25,552 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Emma Robertson
We are currently looking to employ a Deckhand for one of our work vessels. The vessel will provide a valuable service to the Company’s seawater sites in the Caol Mor area in Skye. Please note there is no accommodation onboard and the successful candidate will be required to travel to Skye to join the vessel each day.
This post is offered on a permanent basis and the successful candidate would be required to work on a shift pattern of two weeks on / two weeks off.
Role and responsibilities
- Perform any combination of duties aboard the vessel including lookout, steering and engine-room watches.
- Treatment, harvest, grading and mooring assistance
- Loading, unloading and handling of deck cargo
- Reporting and liaising with farm management
- Stock control, logging and management of ships’ supplies
- Adherence with all local laws and company policy
- General maintenance
- STCW Certification
- Medical – ML5 minimum and in date
- Advanced RYA or similar certificate is advantageous for master cover
- Attractive salary
- Performance bonus
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website by Friday 6th September 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.