- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 032145
Job Title: Stress Testing Analyst
Business Unit: Group Finance
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Salary Circa: £37,275 DOE PLUS 39 days holiday per annum
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
We have fantastic opportunities within our Portfolio Management, Finance, right now. The Stress Testing Analyst will help plan and coordinate the delivery of stress testing end-to-end processes required as part of the bank’s participation in the annual Bank of England (BoE) concurrent stress test exercise, a critical new regulatory requirement for the Group.
Reporting to the Stress Testing Delivery Manager you will help ensure the bank meets its reporting requirements to the BoE as part of the annual stress test exercises. In this exciting role you will build strong relationships with a large number of internal stakeholders in particular across Finance, Risk and, Treasury. You should be highly motivated to oversee delivery of aspects of the annual stress test cycle to critical deadlines and timescales.
The Stress Testing Analyst role is about…
- Contributing to the overall successful delivery of the bank’s participation in the BoE concurrent stress testing cycle
- Executing key reporting and delivery processes and controls as part of the annual BoE stress testing exercise in accordance with the overall delivery plan on a timely basis to enable the Group to meet its overall concurrent stress testing requirements
- Working with the Stress Testing Delivery Manager to build effective and well controlled reporting and delivery processes that leverage the Group’s existing stress testing and planning capabilities and meet Group standards
- Continuously monitoring and assessing areas for improvement to enhance processes and to deliver more efficient stress testing cycles
- Preparing and maintaining relevant process and control documentation, ensuring documentation meets the Group’s standards and to ensure processes are clearly articulated for others to follow as necessary
- Working with the Stress Testing Delivery Manger to assist the planning exercise including documentation of key processes, controls in the end-to-end stress test exercise to ensure activities are well planned and executed through the delivery cycle
- Assisting the Stress Testing Delivery Manager in the delivery of relevant stress testing projects including the implementation of new technology and/or system solutions to improve the end-to-end stress testing process
- Working with Finance, Risk, Treasury, Data and Business Areas as part of successful and coherent delivery of stress testing requirements
- Deputising for the Stress Testing Delivery Manager at internal governance forums as necessary
- Ensuring work is carried out in full compliance with Group standards and code of practice
- Performing other ad hoc tasks as required by the Stress Testing Manager
It’s essential you have/are…
- Previous and successful experience of working in a similar role within a finance reporting team, such as management accounting, financial reporting or equivalent
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (ICAS, ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification, OR equivalent practical experience)
- Experience delivering parts of complex end-to-end processes with a number of different internal stakeholders
- Experience of delivering to time critical milestones
- Experience of aspects of the Bank of England stress testing framework (or relevant equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Ability to drive continuous improvement to end-to-end business processes and controls
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days plus 9 public holiday AND you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
We are looking for ambitious and dynamic people, who are ready to make a real difference in what’s an exciting time for us. If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.