- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- £27,158 to £38,340 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 91970
Join us in Edinburgh as an Infrastructure Engineer - TDA
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join our Network Services, Hosting Services, Technology
- You'll be providing technical leadership, design consultancy and technology governance for the RBS Network Platform
- Hone your existing technology skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be providing technical leadership across the RBS Network Platform and Partner resources delivering Design & Projects. You'll be responsible for design sign-off, roadmap creation, strategy definition, and you'll act as the primary interface to Infrastructure Strategy and Network Engineering representing Data Networks, Network Security & Software Defined Networking.
You'll also be:
- Providing Level 4 Operational support for all Data, SDN and Security infrastructure as required
- Driving team cross-skilling to operate as a single unit across all Network technologies
- Providing technical engagement and oversight to all Technology Transformation Projects
- Managing Network Services approval of key technology decisions
- Providing RBS Engineering services for all Network Infrastructure
The skills you'll need
You'll need advanced knowledge of Data Networks including products and design, and knowledge of industry best practice, trends and emerging technologies. You'll also need operational experience of running a large scale Network environment.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge and experience relating to product lifecycle, governance and maturity frameworks
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines such as Incident, Problem, Change IT, Continuity and Capacity
- Knowledge of project lifecycles
- Relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment through continuous service improvement
How we'll reward you
Salary- £27,158 - £38,340
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.