- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: 6524
We're recruiting for an enthusiastic Trainee CAD System Operator to work in our state-of-the-art coachbuilding facility in East Kilbride.
Full time, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 5.30pm, Fridays 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Flexible working is available with this role, and core hours are 10.00am to 12.00pm, 2.00pm to 3.00pm. Total hours per week: 44
About the role
Our new Trainee CAD System Operator will be responsible for drawing up vehicle body designs to customer requirements. You'll use supplied dimensions and spec to create designs that allow our workshop staff to carry out the required tasks.
This is a technical role, and ideal for someone who's fully computer literate with an interest in design who can create drawings that meet customer expectations.
- Working closely with the production manager, foreman and workshop chargehands.
- Interpreting customer requirements.
- Learning the CAD system.
- Becoming conversant with bespoke vehicle components.
- Keeping detailed records of changes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Some relevant experience of CAD systems
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Working knowledge of vehicle components.
You'll be given all the training you need to do a great job, plus you'll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.