- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Community
- Location: Campbeltown
- £9 per hour, £81 per sleep in & enhanced bank holiday rates
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Lucy White
- Reference: 805
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
Being a support worker means you are integral to the day to day lives of the people you support, helping them with various activities such as assistance with personal care, household chores, meal preparation, leisure activities, social inclusion and maintaining health and well-being.
Skills & Experience
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.
Support work offers you a chance to make a genuine difference to people’s lives and no day will be the same!
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)**
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, which will be provided by Affinity Trust. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.