- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 031724
Senior Business Analyst (Senior Technology Analyst)
Business Unit: Specialised Systems, Banking Payments & Testing
Glasgow City Centre
Up to £44,884 DOE plus great benefits
Permanent Full Time
It’s safe to say there’s a lot going on in CYBG at the moment and we’re on the look-out for talented individuals to help us on our journey. Our Integration Programme (bring CYBG and Virgin Money together) is well underway which is creating new and exciting opportunities throughout the bank.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Banking Specialised Systems. What does the department do? Specialised Systems support the development, delivery, maintenance and continuous improvement of specialised technology capabilities in partnership with two key third party partners. The department supports our Treasury Management Systems; we currently look after Asset and Invoice Finance Systems and Dec/Vax historical reporting solutions.
The role will be responsible for ensuring quality change and service availability in order to meet the growing business demand due to the fast-changing landscape in the banking and payments domain.
A key aspect of this role will involve working with stakeholders to ensure business and customer objectives are met throughout the project life cycle. If you have a thirst for intellectually stimulating projects within a fast paced environment, please read on…
What we are looking for…
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who is able to work effectively within a team environment as well as confidence work on their own initiative to meet project deadlines. The Business Analyst will be required to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to elicit requirements in order to ensure that all project life cycle requirements are well defined and documented (user stories are created, customer and colleague journeys are documented and understood).
They will liaise closely with the business and development team to work through the full software development lifecycle, in an agile or waterfall environment. The successful applicant will have the responsibility for leading a team of business analysts to deliver all aspects of business change outcomes whilst ensuring strong and effective stakeholder relationships are established and maintained. They will be required to work closely with the projects, technical and business and development teams through the project lifecycle, in both agile and waterfall environments, to deliver change that meets the needs of our customers.
We need you to have…
- The ability to plan, co-ordinate, coach and lead Business Change Analysts on larger projects utilising all the tools available to deliver business requirements.
- Proven experience of working in a Business Analyst position.
- Strong analytical capability with the proven ability to elicit and manage requirements and understanding business impacts through the software development.
- Confidence in creating detailed process maps using industry standard techniques and document both customer and colleague journeys
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels and build strong and effective relationships
- Extensive experience within medium to large scale change delivery programmes.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and ability to respond effectively with limited information.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in an external customer impacting environment.
- Ability to discuss and challenge design/project issues with IT and business domain experts.
We would like you to have...
- An understanding of Banking & Finance organisations, regulatory framework and processes if you have Treasury or Invoice or Asset Finance knowledge this would be beneficial.
- Sound knowledge of project methodologies such as agile and waterfall.
- Usage of supporting tools across business/technology project disciplines, including a working knowledge of Design/Build/Test and Implementation phases of the project lifecycle.
- Proven experience of project/change within a large Banking and Finance organisation and / or including delivery through Digital channels.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our rewards package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like the role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to Note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing three years’ worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feel they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.