- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 031883
Information Security SOC Technician, Clydebank
Permanent Full Time, Clydebank
Salary £20,160 + Shift Allowance of 30%
As our family comes together (Virgin Money and CYBG) it’s a great time to join us and get involved in the exciting and innovative integration journey we are on.
We are looking for a SOC Technician's to join us in our Security Operations Centre in Clydebank. We are looking for someone with high integrity and drive, and who have a real passion for Information Security. We would like you to be an experienced Information Security or SOC professional, educated to degree standard or holding a current relevant qualifications, or having related experience within a Security Operations environment. In this role is you will work shifts on a 12 hour, 24x7 basis, which is why we are offering a highly competitive shift allowance.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of our key SIEM and security analysis applications, that enable us to identify relevant security data and progress remediation activity. This is an exciting and fast paced role, where you will utilise and build upon your skills and experience, protecting against e-crime, malware and hacking activities, and being directly involved in the security response to these threats.
You will become part of an expanding Information Security department, which brings with it, the chance for career progression. You will operate analysis and incident response activities directly related to security incidents. You will support the activities of the Information Security department and the wider company, and will respond to a wide variety of incidents relating to both malicious activity and inadvertent actions.
The role is all about…
- 24 x 7 monitoring of our networks and systems against threats or malicious attacks
- Operation and continuous improvement of the SIEM and analysis toolsets to incorporate advanced techniques, countermeasures and trends identified through own knowledge and research
- Providing response capability against threats, vulnerabilities and real-time incidents on our networks
- Developing and maintaining awareness of new security technologies, legislation, standards, new security risks and vulnerabilities
- Managing own workload, ensuring work is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Leading and supporting the resolution of assigned actions.
- Supporting live service through proactive identification of risk, swift resolution of live issues and proposing appropriate fixes/improvements for future
- Collaborating with internal and external parties in order to provide excellent customer service
- Improving our processes through process automation, innovation and continuous improvement.
We need you to have…
- Degree educated in Cyber Security or an IT discipline, or have equivalent experience in an SOC environment
- Knowledge of the IT environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good combination of technical knowledge and technical aptitude
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgements under stress;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, relationship skills, and written/verbal communications skills; ability to motivate and influence others, and to negotiate and build consensus
We would like you to have...
- A positive “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical expertise and decision-making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for team deliverables
- Experience of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Data analysis experience and skills
- An understanding of the Financial Services regulated environment within the UK and the requirements of Information Security within it
- Practical experience of Information Security frameworks and knowledge of Data Security & Privacy, Network Security, Access Control, Security Incident Management
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.