- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 010970
First Bus are currently recruiting for a Marketing Executive to work within our Larbert location on a fixed term contract (10 months).
The purpose of this role is to work with the local management team and the central UK Bus Marketing team to help develop and deliver the local Operating Company marketing plan in line with the national governance framework. You will be responsible for delivering end to end marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix that you are allocated as well as providing general support to the local management team.
The role will see you:
• Support the operating company in writing and executing the annual plans as well as any ad-hoc projects, ensuring campaigns focus on core messages to deliver growth.
• Work with the central First Bus marketing team to input into the development of national campaigns and activate them locally.
• Write marketing briefs to deliver to marketing agencies and internal graphic design team
• Create media plans designed to meet campaign objectives within budget constraints
• Manage creative development and approval process for allocated marketing campaigns
• Work alongside PR and internal communications where relevant
• Co-ordinate local community PR & marketing led events as allocated by the Marketing Manager
• Facilitate campaign measurement and analysis of all projects undertaken
• Be responsible for raising of POs and controlling budget of allocated projects as agreed with the line manager
• With support of the divisional marketing team, be the local custodian of the brand, ensuring governance is applied across the Operating Company
• Be the owner of all bus publicity material produced in the Operating Company including timetables, on-bus material and other literature
• Provide marketing support and materials for wider members of the Operating Company team as and when required.
• Manage the online (website, app and social) content across the company's digital channels.
• Undertake any other duties or projects as directed by your line manager such as research projects
• Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by your line manager
•Experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns with a track record of delivering commercial returns
•Experience of compiling complex media plans including knowledge of digital media channels
•Experience of using a CMS system to deliver web content
•Approachable and a strong team player
•Experience of designing high quality impactful marketing collateral to drive consumer behaviour change
•Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
•Confident communicator at all levels including good presentation writing skills
•Outstanding project management and organisation skills
•Experience of proofreading and excellent attention to detail
•Customer focussed, inquisitive and confident to challenge the status quo
•Understanding of the principles of market research
•Understanding the principles of CRM and a data led approach
•Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint to communicate plans and results across the business.
•Experience of using Hootsuite or similar social media platform
•Basic understanding of Google analytics
•Advocate of FirstGroup values and associated behaviours
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits: Free travel - On our buses
Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.