- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Health and Safety
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK13817
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Safety Coordination Officer to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
What you'll be doing
AS a Traffic Safety Coordination Officer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Developing accurate traffic management layout designs and drawings for all operations;
- Attending meetings to provide traffic management expertise into scheme development;
- Liaison with other supervisors and delivery managers on employee availability to ensure correct matching of resources and work;
- Managing the training and development of traffic management operatives;
- Briefing traffic management crews via regular tool box talks and safety briefings and ensuring PPE is being work in accordance with WPP and task briefings;
- Managing the inventory of traffic management equipment including maintenance and replacement;
- Ensuring that traffic management crews are provided with the correct equipment and materials;
- Carrying out side inspections to ensure work is being carried out safely to the required standards and in accordance with WPP and task briefings;
- Ensuring traffic management squads record all information in accordance with sector scheme documentation;
- Engaging with sub-contractors and ensuring they interface with the traffic management crews in the correct manner;
- Mentor employee and apprentices;
- Management of winter service and incident response operations in accordance with rota.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following experience and qualities:
- TSCO Qualification
- Traffic Management Foreman Qualifications
- IPV Awareness
- Sector Scheme 12 A,B,C and D Qualified
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.