- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Senior Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14127
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
- Manage the Quantity Surveying team;
- Monthly internal reporting;
- Cost and value forecasting;
- Respectful relationship with Client and representatives (PAGplus);
- Resolution of commercial issues with Client;
- Supply Chain procurement and management;
- To manage pricing and recovery of all External Works;
- Maximise opportunity from contractual / commercial issues;
- Investigation of areas to improve margin.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Manage and develop Quantity Surveying teams;
- Provide advice and training on Contractual and commercial issues to the project team;
- Manage Contractual Issues through to resolution;
- Valuate Core Operations/Lump Sum activities;
- Produce monthly Statement for submission to Client;
- Provide commercial support, including forward costings and advice on measurement;
- Compile monthly reports and undertake commercial reviews;
- Submit and agreement of New Rates with Client;
- Subcontract Management and reviews;
- Provide pricing of and recovery for external works;
- Carry out other exercises and duties of a commercial nature as determined by the Business Manager (Commercial Manager).
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Operational and commercial knowledge of highway maintenance/civil engineering industry;
- Understanding of project specific Contract documentation;
- Proven ability to procure and manage subcontract resources;
- Leadership skills;
- Teamworking skills;
- Good communicator and listening skills;
- Deal proactively with problems;
- Thorough and accurate;
- Ability to manage workload methodically.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.