- Contact: Sarah Ralston
- Reference: Farm Managers, Lewis & Harris
Are you a highly motivated individual looking to expand your career? We have exciting opportunities at the Company’s Seawater sites in Lewis & Harris. If you are ambitious and motivated and want to work with a likeminded team, then this is the role for you. This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
About the job
The farm manager role is a crucial part of the operations process and business, and ensures that the best management of our salmon is undertaken. We need our managers to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of farm work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes, but is not limited to:
- Accountability for the safe and successful operation of your farm
- Effectively manage a production team
- Responsible for all aspects of farm operations
- Maintaining the highest standards in fish husbandry and welfare
- Leading on feeding, control and inspection of fish
- Maintaining reliable data records
- Budget control and management
The ideal candidate will already be an experienced farm manager, or an assistant manager looking to further their career. They will be willing to expand their understanding and work hard on the job.
- Previous salmon farming experience is essential
- People management experience
- Extensive fish husbandry, biology and welfare experience
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to understand the aims of the site and to support the rest of the team to achieve these
- Respect for the need for safe working practices
- High degree of computer literacy
What does Mowi offer?
In return for your effort, you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry.
- An attractive salary, with pension plan and bonus scheme
- Accommodation available, if necessary
- Structured training plan with a range of development opportunities
- Occupational health support
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website by Friday 20th September 2019.