- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: G4S/MS/1996
G4S is the world’s leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. Our heritage goes back over a century and, with more than 610,000 employees worldwide, we are one of the largest private employers in the world.
We are actively recruiting for an IT Field Engineer, to provide IT support throughout Scotland and surrounding area.
Reporting into the IT Field Engineer Manager, your main focus will be to deliver ICT operations and service excellence. You’ll establish good and effective working relationships with users and stakeholders at all levels, ensuring business and technology teams are supported and focused on delivery excellent customer service.
If you already have experience of delivering IT support to a range of suppliers at all levels as well as advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software, Mac OS & Google support, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Server Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- Work with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st, 2nd or 3rd line support, diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective and remedial action.
- Sustain ICT Services, owning issues to resolution and ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimise end user efficiency.
- Guide and coach end users to optimise desktop and software.
- Check end users compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full asset management, incident logging and updates, service request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT, including software licenses.
The Ideal Candidate:
You’ll already have experience of delivering IT support to a range of suppliers at all levels. You’ll have advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software, Mac OS & Google support. You will also:
- Be proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues on both Windows and Apple products.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have a flexible approach to travel throughout Scotland and surrounding area.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.