- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Site Management
- Location: Lochgilphead
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK13685
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager (FTC 18 months) to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Lochgilphead.
- To provide site administrative assistance to specific projects and managing day to day site functions.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Manager you will:
- Maintain/set up the project filing systems for a variety of documents including majority of site specific correspondence;
- Maintain records of plant and equipment received on site;
- Transcribe meeting minutes;
- Produce reports, letters, memos etc. for the project manager as required;
- Coordinate and process general administrative work;
- Maintain proactive and positive relationships with the project sites team and wider administrative support function;
- Supporting Commercial function by ensuring correct cost allocation, running of weekly cost reports and completing weekly plant sheet return;
- Any other reasonable duties at discretion of the Team Coordinator.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Driving Licence
- Competent IT User (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of working within a busy office environment
- To be confident in all aspects of document control, filing and general admin duties
- Good communication skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.