- Sector: Executive and Management
- Location: Fort William, Inverness, Portree, IV408EG
- £28,386 per annum
- Hours: Part Time Permanent
- Contact: Scott McGuinnes
- Reference: 912
Operating across half of Scotland, Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) is one of Europe’s most highly-regarded development agencies. HIE’s unique integration of economic and community development is central to its mission to generate sustainable economic growth in every part of the Highlands and Islands, particularly in fragile areas.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER Based in Auchtertyre, Portree, Inverness or Fort William
Starting salary £28,386 pro rata per annum, excellent benefits package
Flexible working considered – minimum of 25 hours per week, maximum of 28 hours per week
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Development Manager to join our Lochaber, Skye and Wester Ross area team.
As part of this job you’ll:
• work closely with social enterprise and community groups in the Lochaber, Skye and Wester Ross area, providing development support on a number of key projects
• work with local and national partners and stakeholders from the public, private and third sector
• develop an awareness of key funders, and identify funding opportunities, both at regional and national level
• work closely with area team and HIE colleagues and represent HIE at internal and external meetings as required
• assess and review development proposals, providing guidance and advice to clients and colleagues as required
• be a key member of the Lochaber, Skye and Wester Ross area team
CLOSING DATE: 29 September 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: 11 October 2019 – in Portree
It’s essential that you are an experienced and proactive team player with knowledge of local social and community enterprise activity.
You’ll also have proven technical skills, particularly in project appraisal, which includes financial analysis.
By demonstrating your understanding of the issues impacting on communities, you’ll be able to use your strong communication skills to build and develop effective working relationships at all levels.
You’ll bring a fresh approach to HIE’s work in this eld and make a positive contribution to HIE’s strengthening communities agenda in Lochaber, Skye and Wester Ross.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.