- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: 118961
Senior Buyer - Kilsyth, Glasgow.
DescriptionWe are looking to recruit a new Senior Buyer into the Procurement and Supply Chain team based at our Kilsyth office in Scotland. This dynamic role will cover our Scotland and Northern England business area and our Rail sector division.
It will require frequent travel throughout the region to support our projects and teams. Travel to departmental meetings and forums will also be required, and these are often held at various national locations including in central London and our Head Office location in Surrey.
You will lead the procurement process for materials and subcontracts to meet the commercial requirements of the contract in compliance with the site programme and BAM Nuttall Procedures.
Your key activities will include:
- Material negotiation and process.
- Sub-contract negotiation and process.
- Providing bid and tender procurement support.
- Developing procurement strategies and plans.
- Managing and producing a procurement schedule.
- Tender procurement support.
- Supply chain and category management.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Line management duties relating to direct team reports.
- Reporting against department KPI's.
Job RequirementsThe following are mandatory requirements:
- Previous procurement experience in civil engineering / building construction is essential.
- Successful experience as a buyer or in a site management role.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of civil engineering, construction materials, sources and markets.
- Experience of commercial civil engineering processes and forms of contract / sub-contract e.g. utilisation of NEC forms within the supply chain.
- Demonstrable knowledge of construction commercial law and specific conditions of contract (e.g. NEC, JCT).
- Proficient at Microsoft packages with advanced Excel capability for analysis and reporting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory / people management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience of managing and engaging teams remotely.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package (which includes company car or car allowance and generous pension), we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Company InformationBAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.