- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £27,969 to £37,176 per annum, Instrumental Music Teacher
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD03156
The successful candidate(s) will provide instruction to support the IMS service in schools as well as the extensive bands and orchestras programme that runs in EDC. We are looking for cover on a “required basis” for the following positions –
YMI Music Instructor (Classroom music/singing/rudiments), Piping, Pipe Band Drumming, Percussion, Lower Brass, Cello and Double Bass.
The person appointed will report in the first instance to the Head of Community Services through the Team Leader (Instrumental Music)
The post holder will also have to liaise with appropriate Head Teachers.
Instructors should be aware that time-tabling is assessed on an annual basis and may be subject to change.
To provide Instrumental Instruction (Percussion) in line with the Council policy.
To be a good ambassador for, and actively promote, the Instrumental Music Service and contribute to its strategic direction.
To comply with all procedures relating to the delivery of Instrumental Instruction in East Dunbartonshire schools.
Any other duties consistent with the post as requested by the Instrumental Music Service Manager.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.