- Location: Edinburgh
- From £9 per hour
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/520945/49965
2 x Vacancies available.
1 Vacancy is 20 Hours per week cleaning within the Police Station. This role is Monday - Friday AM working.
1 Vacancy is 35 Hours per week cleaning within Custody. This role is 4 out of 7 days on a rota basis. AM working.
Please indicate which role you wish to apply for when sending CV
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
The successful applicant must have a keen eye for detail and so continue to maintain a very high standard of cleanliness. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Providing the highest level of housekeeping service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients’ specifications
- Responding positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Providing a range of general cleaning services to include offices/meeting rooms, toilets/showers, laboratories and amenity areas site wide
- Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility
- Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations
- Participating in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to your Coordinator/Line Manager
- All offices, toilets, laboratories and amenity areas to be presented in a clean and tidy
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous work experience in customer service employment
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.