- Contact: SSE Plc
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland
Salary: £42,511 (including shift allowance) plus overtime and excellent benefits
We are currently looking to recruit two Shift Electricians on a permanent basis for our ongoing Grangemouth Contracts.
In this role you'll be reporting to the SSE and Client Managers/Engineers and working within an experienced maintenance team, ensuring maximum availability for the production plant across site.
The selected candidate(s) will be site trained in the maintenance of instrumentation and will be classroom trained in an instrument appreciation. Ultimately the selected candidate(s) will be classified as an E&I multi-disciplined Maintenance Operative.
The primary function of the position will be in the following areas:
- working a shift pattern as identified by the site manager
- working on plant breakdowns / shut downs as and when required
- keep plant running efficiently and safely to maximum capacity through good standards of maintenance and fault finding skills.
- ability to read and understand technical drawings and documents
- repair and capture appropriate breakdown details
- have professional communication with operations team
- the early key measure of success in this role is the successful achievement of plant familiarization and training targets
- strict adherence to SSE and client safe systems of work.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in applying for this role, it is essential that you are able to fulfil the following criteria
- time served approved electrician (JIB Approved)
- Safety Passport Training (may be arranged if required)
- COMPEX EX01 - EX04 (ATEX Hazardous Area Training)
- Demonstrable Electrical Maintenance Experience and heavy industrial experience
In addition, the following experience and qualifications would be highly desirable but not essential
- 17th edition wiring regulations with view to training to 18th edition
- 2391 Test and Inspection
- Familiarity in Control and Instrumentation
- Familiarity in Process Safety
- First Aid
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M+E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
Closing date for applications is: 25th September 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.