- Location: Cambuslang
- £23,712 to £24,960 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/RF3657/GA
We are currently recruiting an organised, enthusiastic Chef Manager with excellent communication skills to lead the catering operation for a large prestigious contract.
As a Chef Manager you will ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction. You will also maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the catering operation to the required standard in the Service Level Agreement.
If you have a passion for innovation, a keen eye for presentation and detail and are skilled in fresh food delivery - this may just be the job for you!
- Organise, prepare, cook and serve all meals for the specified service at the required times and to the required standard
- Look at new cooking techniques, menus and recipes which maximise the use of local produce, organic and Fairtrade foods and comply with the HealthyLiving plus criteria and Recipe for Success Guidelines
- Organise and prepare any special functions which may sometimes be outside of normal working hours
- Ensure all work areas and surfaces areas clean and tidy as is practical at all times, especially at the end of the day shift
- Administration duties including: Creating menus, invoicing, health and safety, marketing materials, creating proposals for hospitality, audit documents
- Manage, develop and inspire the management of the existing team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, or equivalent
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft office and good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.