- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: SKYE AND LOCHALSH
- £29,355 to £32,027 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Sarah Ralston
- Reference: Assistant Farm Manager, Scalpay
Are you a highly motivated individual looking to expand your career? We have an exciting opportunity to work at the Company’s seawater site in Scalpay. This is a new site with 12x120m pens fed from an Gael Force barge, planned to stock early 2020. If you are ambitious and motivated and want to work with a likeminded team, then this is the role for you. This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
About the job
This role is a crucial part of the operations process and ensures that the best management of our salmon is undertaken. We need our team to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of farm work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes, but it not limited to:
- Deputising in the absence of the Farm Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of farm operations
- Maintaining the highest standards in fish husbandry and welfare
- Leading on feeding, control and inspection of fish
- Maintaining reliable data records
- General farm tasks to keep the whole operation running
The ideal candidates will already be an experienced Assistant Farm Manager, or a Farm Technician looking to further their career. They will be willing to expand their understanding and work hard on the job.
- Previous salmon farming experience is essential
- Good fish husbandry
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to understand the aims of the site and to support the rest of the team to achieve these
- Respect for the need for safe working practices
- Drivers licence is essential. No driving licence? We can help you with the cost of lessons.
What does Mowi offer?
In return for your effort, you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry.
- An attractive salary, with pension plan and bonus scheme
- Structured training plan with a range of development opportunities
- Occupational health support
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website by Monday 21st October 2019.