Base Location: EuroCentral (Motherwell)
Salary: £31,972 - £42,224 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent- Full Time with Flexible working patterns available - 37 hours
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSEs obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What is the Role
The Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key suppliers and business stakeholders, improving the customer experience along with the management of a team of up to 5, Key Account Management and Business Partnering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for onboarding of all change that results in improvements to relationships with key suppliers and business stakeholders and work with the AP Management team to ensure risk to payment performance is minimised. Responsible for creating a team culture where change is embraced and sustained.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and business stakeholders, seeking collaborative working opportunities
- The BRM is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Business Relationship Team
- Responsible for defining and adhering to KPIs
- Working with the AP Management team, provide guidance, support and prompt resolution of payment issues
- Establish effective ways of working with key stakeholders and their teams
- Establish solutions for challenges that impact payment performance
- Monitor customer experience and identify improvement opportunities
- Responsible for managing and assessing risk with the Payment Performance team
- Together with the AP Management team, actively seek ways of improving process efficiency
- If required, be prepared to deputise for the Payment Performance Lead
- Ownership of Deputy Lead/Manager programme and succession planning
- Lead, motivate and develop the Business Relationship Team of circa 2-5 FT
- Set DRs objectives and agree plans for their technical, soft skills and personal development, within the personal development framework.
What do I need?
Experience of managing a high performing Customer focused Team and key account management with extensive knowledge of managing customers effectively, including a range of stakeholders and working within a challenging, dynamic environment.
Knowledge of the control environment required in an Accounts Payable function and able to contribute positively to the overall direction of the Accounts Payable function.
Able to influence positive behavioural change across the team & be an effective communicator and raising awareness and educating others. Numerate, analytical and problem solver with excellent organisational skills and time management & prioritisation.
Risk awareness and ability to manage and mitigate risk along with advanced skills in all MS Office tools, particularly Excel
Familiarity with Finance IT (Preferred Oracle experience)
High level of self-motivation with the ability to work within an environment subject to change with a flexible attitude to working location and environment.
Ability and drive to deliver high quality work at pace with interpersonal skills to make positive business relationships and demonstrate flexibly and resilience whilst working in a fast-paced environment
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with myself -
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.