- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Surveyor - Quantity
- Location: Killin
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14420
Closing Date applications are open until 16th March 2020; however, Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the programme:
We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our commercial team, youll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited RICS scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Surveyor status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What you'll be doing
None of our projects, from vital routine maintenance to ground-breaking high-profile builds, would happen without our Commercial team. So, when you join us, youll quickly become an absolutely vital part of life here. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Working out the cost of repair and maintenance work
- Establishing exactly what a client wants
- Weighing up commercial risks
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Making sure a project meets every legal and quality standard
- Making sure that the client gets value for their money
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
What we're looking for
What were looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What youll need:
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally have experience within a related environment
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.
To apply online, follow the link below:
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.