About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Road Condition Inspector to join our Regional team to work in Ayr.
- To carry out safety, detailed and ad-hoc inspections of the network to identify and categorise defects, assist with temporary repairs and propose permanent remedial actions.
What you'll be doing
- Carrying out safety, detailed and ad-hoc inspections;
- Carrying out inspections of Satutory Undertakers works;
- Downloading and uploading inspection files;
- Implementing temporary defect repairs;
- Promoting permanent repair solutions;
- Regular liaison with Network and Operations staff .
People & Communication
- Field Inspections of depots and sites.
Growth & Performance
- Promotion of cost effective solutions.
Health & Safety
- Compliance wth relevant Health and Safety legislation;
- Adherence to Risk Assessments and Method Statements;
- Take Care reporting and interventions.
- Safety inspections completed to programme;
- Detailed inspections completed to correct frequency;
- Inspections of Statutory Undertakers works;
- Ad-hoc inspections carried out as required;
- Defects correctly identified and categorised;
- Effective temporary repairs carried out;
- Accurate records maintained.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Broad experience of road maintenance;
- Computer literate;
- Driving licence;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.